Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day before Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. The day that we sit around the table and give thanks.
I am thankful for a lot! I am thankful for my husband, my 2 kids, and my animals.
I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, for a place to put my stuff, for our bedroom,
for my kids bedroom, for a beautiful backyard and a peaceful setting.
Things have been rough! Very rough!
I wasnt sure, with my frame of mind, that i would be thankful for anything.
It comes down to the simple things.
The things that really matter.
I am thankful that I do have these people in my life that have chosen to act as parents for me.
I really appreciate that and they can be my mom and dad any day.
I am thankful that I have been invited to go to places for thanksgiving.
I am very thankful for friends! I have many! and they are good friends!
Not everyone has friends like I do and I have a lot of them.
They run the gammet of personalities too, but they are the nicest people and they would do anything for me.
Most of them I have had for so many years, I feel like we have grown up together.
We are all going through such rough times right now that really, we are just thankful for each other.
We are thankful for strength and God.
When life hits you hard, you really are thankful for just the smallest things in life.
Shauna, Kipp, Allyson, Carolyn, Julia, Amy Wong are 6 of the best friends a person could have.
I have many others, but these 6 are rock solid and I really appreciate them and thank God for them every day.
I do not know yet, what Im completely doing for Thanksgiving yet.
I could go to many places and I could just stay home.
Ive been in a wierd mood and Im not sure I want to take my wierd mood anywhere this Thanksgiving.
Im thankful just to stay home and be with my family, I think.
Steve got a pre-cooked Thanksgiving turkey...lol.
I have never made a turkey before.
I'm not great in the kitchen.
This will be the first time that we have to prepare a Thanksgiving dinner.
This should be funny.
Simple, but funny.
It shouldnt take long to cook...the turkey just needs heated.
I really do want to try new things in the kitchen, but I have yet to do that.
When life becomes normal again.
Whatever normal is...lol.
It is the day before Thanksgiving and it is time to reflect on what we are thankful for...

No comments: